{{site.countdown.title}} Registration Now Open!
Registration
Closes In

{{days}}

DAYS

{{hours}}

HRS

{{minutes}}

MINS

{{seconds}}

SECS

Forums

PC Build

Thoughts or concerns? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/C8ywbv
Thoughts or concerns?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/C8ywbv

BRESCIA UNIVERSITY ESPORTS - matthew.horn@brescia.edu

Posted Tuesday, August 4th, 2015 11:04 PM GMT
Maybe post this to reddit/buildapc, they know litterally everything about builds and what to get and what not.
Maybe post this to reddit/buildapc, they know litterally everything about builds and what to get and what not.

''UNINSTALL IDIOTIC BAITER IDIOT MORON CYKA PIDOR'' -Benjam1nR 2k15

Posted Thursday, August 6th, 2015 3:29 PM GMT
Video Card and mainboard is fine would change this set up
Video Card and mainboard is fine would change this set up

I got 99 Problems but the bitch aint one

Posted Thursday, August 6th, 2015 9:52 PM GMT
would not*
would not*

I got 99 Problems but the bitch aint one

Posted Thursday, August 6th, 2015 9:53 PM GMT
Quality m8. Good enough for any games u want to play.
Quality m8. Good enough for any games u want to play.

Posted Friday, August 7th, 2015 2:48 AM GMT
It's good but I would recommend WesternDigital Black or Blue they tend to have a longer lifespan than seagate
It's good but I would recommend WesternDigital Black or Blue they tend to have a longer lifespan than seagate

Posted Friday, August 7th, 2015 2:52 AM GMT
Western Digital Blue will be just fine. $49.99 USD for a 1TB Western Digital Blue.
Western Digital Blue will be just fine. $49.99 USD for a 1TB Western Digital Blue.

Posted Tuesday, May 24th, 2016 2:06 AM GMT
Everything else looks solid.
Everything else looks solid.

Posted Tuesday, May 24th, 2016 2:07 AM GMT
loooks good
loooks good

-_-

Posted Friday, October 14th, 2016 2:44 PM GMT
I have been into computers for a long chunk of my life, and I would recommend you drop down to an i-5 6600k, rather than paying another $150 for an i7. BECAUSE you only get a few more frames with the i7 over the i5. If you are a streamer, or want to render anything, then by all means, keep the i7, your build is nice. BUT, if you truly want better FPS, then downgrade the cpu, and use the extra $150 to upgrade your gpu. Overall is a nice build though, even if you don't want to change it. That's just what I'd do.
I have been into computers for a long chunk of my life, and I would recommend you drop down to an i-5 6600k, rather than paying another $150 for an i7. BECAUSE you only get a few more frames with the i7 over the i5. If you are a streamer, or want to render anything, then by all means, keep the i7, your build is nice. BUT, if you truly want better FPS, then downgrade the cpu, and use the extra $150 to upgrade your gpu. Overall is a nice build though, even if you don't want to change it. That's just what I'd do.
Posted Saturday, October 15th, 2016 7:22 PM GMT
Also, unless you're running dual monitor, you don't need 850 Watts for a power supply. Go down to a 750, even a 650 Watt ps is fine. You can put that money to a better gpu, or any other component. Make sure you keep it at a gold standard and fully modular though.
Also, unless you're running dual monitor, you don't need 850 Watts for a power supply. Go down to a 750, even a 650 Watt ps is fine. You can put that money to a better gpu, or any other component. Make sure you keep it at a gold standard and fully modular though.
Posted Saturday, October 15th, 2016 7:24 PM GMT
Id go with the i7 6700k, their the same price for better performance. even the i5 6600k would do the trick. if you plan on running more than one GPU, get the 850watt PSU, if not go for a 550 or 600Watt. and id go with a 240gb SSD to boot your OS and store some games then have a 1TB HDD for other programs and games. and you shouldnt be paying almost $500 for a gtx 970. theyre like $200/250 right now i believe. other than that its good
Id go with the i7 6700k, their the same price for better performance. even the i5 6600k would do the trick. if you plan on running more than one GPU, get the 850watt PSU, if not go for a 550 or 600Watt. and id go with a 240gb SSD to boot your OS and store some games then have a 1TB HDD for other programs and games. and you shouldnt be paying almost $500 for a gtx 970. theyre like $200/250 right now i believe. other than that its good

Posted Sunday, November 6th, 2016 12:41 AM GMT
There are a lot of issues with this build. First off, I would not go with a haswell cpu right now because skyline 6th gen cpu's are slightly faster and are usually on sale every other week if you know where to look. I would also try not to get 16 gigs of ram because most games (even high end ones) will not use more than 8gb of ram in most cases. For your video card, I would go for a gtx 1070 which is the new nvidia card generation. They are around $400-$450 and are about 2 times faster than the gtx 970. Other than that, I would just downgrade the power supply to 650 watts. When it comes to power supplies, having too much extra wattage can be bad because it would lower the overall efficiency of your power supply. Be careful when building your PC and good luck! I have listed a possible build below: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/HL3CD8
There are a lot of issues with this build. First off, I would not go with a haswell cpu right now because skyline 6th gen cpu's are slightly faster and are usually on sale every other week if you know where to look. I would also try not to get 16 gigs of ram because most games (even high end ones) will not use more than 8gb of ram in most cases. For your video card, I would go for a gtx 1070 which is the new nvidia card generation. They are around $400-$450 and are about 2 times faster than the gtx 970. Other than that, I would just downgrade the power supply to 650 watts. When it comes to power supplies, having too much extra wattage can be bad because it would lower the overall efficiency of your power supply. Be careful when building your PC and good luck!

I have listed a possible build below:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/HL3CD8

Posted Sunday, November 6th, 2016 6:15 AM GMT
+1 ^^^
+1 ^^^

boii

Posted Sunday, September 24th, 2017 4:56 AM GMT