{{site.countdown.title}} Registration Now Open!
Registration
Closes In

{{days}}

DAYS

{{hours}}

HRS

{{minutes}}

MINS

{{seconds}}

SECS

Forums

[OFFICIAL] FAQ List (works in progress)

[u][b]Frequently Asked Questions [/b][/u] [u] MVP SECTION[/u] [b]Where can I purchase MVP ?[/b] If you wish to purchase MVP, you can go to www.cevo.com/mvp and a list of features that are available when purchasing MVP is located on the purchase page. MVP is non refundable and non transferable. [b] What are MVP only PUGs?[/b] We have Select servers which only MVP's are able to join. This usually filters players that do not take the game as seriously and have bad intentions when playing the game. Friendly fire is enabled in this type of PUG. [b]How much does MVP cost?[/b] MVP currently costs 3.99 USD $ / month. Visit www.cevo.com/mvp for more information. [b]Why should I subscribe to MVP?[/b] Users that purchase MVP show their dedication to the community, gain a fancy MVP badge, and gain many great features for a low monthly cost.These features will enhance your gaming experience over at CEVO. For more information and features, please visit www.cevo.com/mvp [b] When selected to be the PUG moderator, what are the reasons to kick someone ?[/b] If you wish to view the Full list of reasons and guidelines to kick a player, please click HERE. [b]Where is the MVP ONLY forum located?[/b] You will not be able to see the MVP forums if you are a standard user. Once you purchase MVP, you will have access to a private forum called “THE MVP GETAWAY” where you will find premium information and direct contact with admins and developers if you feel like sending suggestions. [b] I Purchased MVP but do not have it, what happened?[/b] If you purchased MVP but do not have it, the payment may have failed to process. Please check with your payment method to make sure it indeed go through, in which case you can open a support ticket (www.cevo.com/support) and include the Transaction ID from your payment. [u]IN-GAME SECTION[/u] [b]What happens when I leave a PUG & how do the Cooldown tiers work ?[/b] When leaving a PUG, your slot is reserved for 60 seconds. Once that timer is up, anybody may join in your place. In the case where someone does indeed take your spot, you will receive a PUG cooldown. This means that from the second the PUG in question finishes, there will be a 30 minute period where you cannot play. Each time you receive a cooldown, your cooldown tier will go up. The higher the tier, the longer the cooldown lasts. You can lower your cooldown tier by completing more PUGs. Each tier will require more completed PUGs to drop to the lower tier. Tier Increments: Tier 1 - 30 minute cooldown Tier 2 - 2 hour cooldown Tier 3 - 24 hour cooldown Tier 4 - 3 day cooldown Tier 5 - 7 day cooldown [b] Is there a list of in-game commands anywhere?[/b] Sure is, type .help !help ,help .halp !halp ,halp .commands !commands ,commands .cmds !cmds ,cmds .command !command ,command .cmd !cmd ,cmd [b]I am having an issue with my CEVO Client, what can I do ?[/b] Most of the issues you are having can be answered and fixed from the forum section of our website. We have an ongoing thread for frequent issues that users have with our client, which you can find by clicking HERE. [b]How can I play with my friends?[/b] When playing on CEVO, you have two different options to play with your friends. You can play a PUG or a SCRIM. A scrim is played by creating a Scrim Team, which your friends will have to join, and then challenging an opponent under the “Scrim” tab on the client. If you wish to play a Pick Up Game (PUG) with you friends, you must make sure that you have added them to your friends list on the cevo website. Once you and your friends have joined the same PUG server, the system will try it’s best to both balance the match and put friends together on the same team. [b]How do I add/remove someone from my friends list?[/b] You can edit your friends list multiple ways. You can +buddy / -buddy when in-game You can add friends on the bottom right hand side of the client You can +Add Friend while being on a users profile on our website Can I block players that are bothering me? If you feel like a user is bothering you while playing a match, you can either; .block of the user while in-game which will prevent this user from ever contacting you again, and will also prevent a user from being on your team in future PUGs. You can click on their name on the scoreboard and check “Block all communications” [b]Can I mute players that are abusing voice communication?[/b] If you wish to mute a user that is being a hassle over the mic, you may type .mute of the user which will prevent you from hearing what he says, though still letting you see what he types in chat, as well as hearing his radio commands. [b]Someone is CHEATING!?!?!? What do I do?[/b] We take cheating very seriously at CEVO. If you suspect another member of the community to be cheating while playing a PUG, feel free to type .report and select “CHEATING” as the reason for the report. [b]How can I report players that are misbehaving?[/b] Unfortunately, some users do not behave as well as others while playing a game. If you think a user is trying to purposely ruin the game for his team, feel free to type .report and select “GRIEFING” as the reason for the report. [b] Why do I see some players with 2X map votes in the PUG servers? [/b] If you purchase MVP, one of the benefits is to have your vote counted twice when selecting a map for a PUG. This allows you and other MVP’s to have a better chance of playing the map that you love. [b]Is there friendly fire in CEVO PUGs?[/b] Friendly fire is disabled when playing a standard PUG. It is only enabled when playing an MVP PUG , and Scrim, or a league match. [b]How do I create a scrim team?[/b] If you wish to create a scrim team, you must launch the CEVO client, go to the “SCRIMS” tab and select “CREATE OR JOIN A TEAM”. This will bring you to a webpage where you will follow the easy steps into creating your next team. You can be on unlimited scrim teams. [b] Where can I find my CS:GO statistics?[/b] If you go to our website www.cevo.com you may click on “MY CEVO” and go to your profile. Once there, you can select CS:GO Stats and view your various stats that are sorted by PUGs / SCRIMS / League MATCHES. [b]Can I reset my PUG/Scrim/Match statistics?[/b] For the moment, it is not possible for users to reset stats. How ever, your Efficacy in PUGs is based off of your performance from the last 30 days. All you have to do is keep improving your game and you will see your stats gradually get higher. [b]How can I become the PUG Moderator?[/b] Only MVP’s are eligible for PUG moderator. The MVP with the most reputation on each team will be selected to be the PUG moderator. [b]Where can I find GOTV demos from my recent games?[/b] If you wish to download your demo to watch a game you’ve recently played, you can go to your profile on our website and click “CS:GO STATS”. Afterwards, look for the match you are looking to download and click “VIEW”. Once there, all you have to do is click the orange “REPLAY” button to download the demo. [u][b] GENERAL QUESTIONS:[/b][/u] [b] Where are your Game servers located?[/b] We have many different locations: North America: New-York ; Virginia (DC) ; Toronto ; Chicago ; Texas ; Colorado ; California (LA) ; Seattle Europe: Paris ; London ; Frankfurt ; Amsterdam Oceanic: Sydney How does the reputation system work ? You gain X reputation when you complete a PUG. You lose X reputation when leaving a PUG. If you join a PUG that is currently live, you gain X reputation. If a user +rep , you gain X reputation, however, if a user -rep you lose X reputation. Reputation is used to view what your general impact is on the community, the more reputation you have, the better you are seen by other members of the community. If you have MVP, the user with the most reputation will be selected to be the PUG moderator. What is efficacy (EFF)? When playing on CEVO, we use Efficacy to calculate your average skill level. We use Efficacy to help better balance the teams when playing a PUG. Efficacy is calculated based off an algorithm that determines how useful you are to your team round-per-round. You earn Efficacy by performing actions such as: dealing damage to the enemy; planting the bomb; defusing the bomb; bomb explosions. The amount you earn is commensurate with how useful you are to the team. To give you an idea of your skill level compared to other members of the community, note that: 8 Efficacy and lower: Below average Between 8-10 Efficacy: Average Between 10-12 Efficacy: Good 12 Efficacy and above: Great Do I have to install a client before I can play in your servers? Yes, You Must down download the CEVO client to be able to play. You can download the CEVO client HERE for FREE. Once downloaded, you will be able to play PUGS, SCRIMS and MATCHES. [b]Can I still play for FREE?[/b] CEVO offers many features at absolutely NO COST to you. You can download the CEVO client HERE for FREE. Once downloaded, you may play PUGs for FREE. You can also enjoy 3 scrims per week as well as signing up to cevo-free which is a FREE division we offer for those who wish to play in our league with a team. League FAQ’s Does the ping imbalance rule apply to teams outside North America? CEVO is a NORTH AMERICAN league. The majority of the teams are from North America. We use the different US time zones for matches (9:00 PM [EST/CST/PST]), which means that it is very difficult to attend these matches if you live in Europe as they are around 2-3:00 AM.. As for the servers, they are DEFAULT North American servers and this will NOT change. We hope to have a European division by the start of the next season.. If you wish to be removed from the Season, please open a ticket at www.cevo.com/support Can I have the GOTV IP to watch my friend play? As of right now, we do not provide the GOTV IP to any teams. We hope to allow users to connect to GOTV in the future. If our team receives a Forfeit Loss (FFL), can we be rescheduled? NO! The team that receives a FFL, cannot be rescheduled against another to and/or replay the match. How do Forfeit Wins (FFW) work? We would just like to mention that we do not allow FFW's anymore. If you receive a FFW, you will simply end up getting re-scheduled against another team who did not play the match for that week either. This being said, we recommend you guys figure something out a way to play this match, because it's not like a team can "Farm for free wins". You will have to replay this match nonetheless if you are the team with the FFW. If BOTH teams agree to play this game past the Deadline (through these match communications), I will allow an extension to the chosen date/time of the match. If the deadline has passed without a match being played, the team that actually tried communicating on the match page and proposing multiple match times will get the FFW. Does our team have to play it's match at the default time? If both teams do not agree on a different time/date the match is played on DEFAULT time. You must show up to the default time and check-in as per usual. If they are still not there after 15 minutes, you may request a Forfeit win (FFW). If the match does NOT have a default time, both teams must communicate through the match page to figure out a date/time prior to the deadline. After the deadline, a FFW will be given to the team who was active in the match communications (If the other team never tried proposing / accepting any times) My team is @ready but does NOT have a match scheduled? Your team has only just signed it's 5th player to gain the @READY status. Unfortunately, you have already missed the most recent wave of matches that we sent out. You and your team will be eligible to receive a match for the following week. All you have to do is sit tight and wait until you get a countdown at the top of your screen while logged into the website.
Frequently Asked Questions

MVP SECTION

Where can I purchase MVP ?
If you wish to purchase MVP, you can go to www.cevo.com/mvp and a list of features that are available when purchasing MVP is located on the purchase page.
MVP is non refundable and non transferable.

What are MVP only PUGs?

We have Select servers which only MVP's are able to join. This usually filters players that do not take the game as seriously and have bad intentions when playing the game. Friendly fire is enabled in this type of PUG.

How much does MVP cost?
MVP currently costs 3.99 USD $ / month. Visit www.cevo.com/mvp for more information.

Why should I subscribe to MVP?
Users that purchase MVP show their dedication to the community, gain a fancy MVP badge, and gain many great features for a low monthly cost.These features will enhance your gaming experience over at CEVO. For more information and features, please visit www.cevo.com/mvp

When selected to be the PUG moderator, what are the reasons to kick someone ?

If you wish to view the Full list of reasons and guidelines to kick a player, please click HERE.

Where is the MVP ONLY forum located?
You will not be able to see the MVP forums if you are a standard user. Once you purchase MVP, you will have access to a private forum called “THE MVP GETAWAY” where you will find premium information and direct contact with admins and developers if you feel like sending suggestions.

I Purchased MVP but do not have it, what happened?

If you purchased MVP but do not have it, the payment may have failed to process. Please check with your payment method to make sure it indeed go through, in which case you can open a support ticket (www.cevo.com/support) and include the Transaction ID from your payment.

IN-GAME SECTION

What happens when I leave a PUG & how do the Cooldown tiers work ?
When leaving a PUG, your slot is reserved for 60 seconds. Once that timer is up, anybody may join in your place. In the case where someone does indeed take your spot, you will receive a PUG cooldown. This means that from the second the PUG in question finishes, there will be a 30 minute period where you cannot play.
Each time you receive a cooldown, your cooldown tier will go up. The higher the tier, the longer the cooldown lasts. You can lower your cooldown tier by completing more PUGs.
Each tier will require more completed PUGs to drop to the lower tier.

Tier Increments:
Tier 1 - 30 minute cooldown
Tier 2 - 2 hour cooldown
Tier 3 - 24 hour cooldown
Tier 4 - 3 day cooldown
Tier 5 - 7 day cooldown

Is there a list of in-game commands anywhere?

Sure is, type .help !help ,help .halp !halp ,halp .commands !commands ,commands .cmds !cmds ,cmds .command !command ,command .cmd !cmd ,cmd

I am having an issue with my CEVO Client, what can I do ?
Most of the issues you are having can be answered and fixed from the forum section of our website. We have an ongoing thread for frequent issues that users have with our client, which you can find by clicking HERE.

How can I play with my friends?
When playing on CEVO, you have two different options to play with your friends. You can play a PUG or a SCRIM.
A scrim is played by creating a Scrim Team, which your friends will have to join, and then challenging an opponent under the “Scrim” tab on the client.
If you wish to play a Pick Up Game (PUG) with you friends, you must make sure that you have added them to your friends list on the cevo website. Once you and your friends have joined the same PUG server, the system will try it’s best to both balance the match and put friends together on the same team.

How do I add/remove someone from my friends list?
You can edit your friends list multiple ways.
You can +buddy / -buddy <name> when in-game
You can add friends on the bottom right hand side of the client
You can +Add Friend while being on a users profile on our website
Can I block players that are bothering me?
If you feel like a user is bothering you while playing a match, you can either;
.block <name> of the user while in-game which will prevent this user from ever contacting you again, and will also prevent a user from being on your team in future PUGs.
You can click on their name on the scoreboard and check “Block all communications”

Can I mute players that are abusing voice communication?
If you wish to mute a user that is being a hassle over the mic, you may type .mute <name> of the user which will prevent you from hearing what he says, though still letting you see what he types in chat, as well as hearing his radio commands.

Someone is CHEATING!?!?!? What do I do?
We take cheating very seriously at CEVO. If you suspect another member of the community to be cheating while playing a PUG, feel free to type .report <name> and select “CHEATING” as the reason for the report.

How can I report players that are misbehaving?
Unfortunately, some users do not behave as well as others while playing a game. If you think a user is trying to purposely ruin the game for his team, feel free to type .report <name> and select “GRIEFING” as the reason for the report.

Why do I see some players with 2X map votes in the PUG servers?

If you purchase MVP, one of the benefits is to have your vote counted twice when selecting a map for a PUG. This allows you and other MVP’s to have a better chance of playing the map that you love.

Is there friendly fire in CEVO PUGs?
Friendly fire is disabled when playing a standard PUG. It is only enabled when playing an MVP PUG , and Scrim, or a league match.

How do I create a scrim team?
If you wish to create a scrim team, you must launch the CEVO client, go to the “SCRIMS” tab and select “CREATE OR JOIN A TEAM”. This will bring you to a webpage where you will follow the easy steps into creating your next team. You can be on unlimited scrim teams.

Where can I find my CS:GO statistics?

If you go to our website www.cevo.com you may click on “MY CEVO” and go to your profile. Once there, you can select CS:GO Stats and view your various stats that are sorted by PUGs / SCRIMS / League MATCHES.

Can I reset my PUG/Scrim/Match statistics?
For the moment, it is not possible for users to reset stats. How ever, your Efficacy in PUGs is based off of your performance from the last 30 days. All you have to do is keep improving your game and you will see your stats gradually get higher.

How can I become the PUG Moderator?
Only MVP’s are eligible for PUG moderator. The MVP with the most reputation on each team will be selected to be the PUG moderator.

Where can I find GOTV demos from my recent games?
If you wish to download your demo to watch a game you’ve recently played, you can go to your profile on our website and click “CS:GO STATS”. Afterwards, look for the match you are looking to download and click “VIEW”. Once there, all you have to do is click the orange “REPLAY” button to download the demo.

GENERAL QUESTIONS:

Where are your Game servers located?

We have many different locations:
North America: New-York ; Virginia (DC) ; Toronto ; Chicago ; Texas ; Colorado ; California (LA) ; Seattle
Europe: Paris ; London ; Frankfurt ; Amsterdam
Oceanic: Sydney

How does the reputation system work ?
You gain X reputation when you complete a PUG. You lose X reputation when leaving a PUG. If you join a PUG that is currently live, you gain X reputation. If a user +rep <you>, you gain X reputation, however, if a user -rep <you> you lose X reputation.
Reputation is used to view what your general impact is on the community, the more reputation you have, the better you are seen by other members of the community.
If you have MVP, the user with the most reputation will be selected to be the PUG moderator.

What is efficacy (EFF)?
When playing on CEVO, we use Efficacy to calculate your average skill level. We use Efficacy to help better balance the teams when playing a PUG.
Efficacy is calculated based off an algorithm that determines how useful you are to your team round-per-round. You earn Efficacy by performing actions such as: dealing damage to the enemy; planting the bomb; defusing the bomb; bomb explosions.
The amount you earn is commensurate with how useful you are to the team.
To give you an idea of your skill level compared to other members of the community, note that:
8 Efficacy and lower: Below average
Between 8-10 Efficacy: Average
Between 10-12 Efficacy: Good
12 Efficacy and above: Great

Do I have to install a client before I can play in your servers?
Yes, You Must down download the CEVO client to be able to play. You can download the CEVO client HERE for FREE. Once downloaded, you will be able to play PUGS, SCRIMS and MATCHES.

Can I still play for FREE?
CEVO offers many features at absolutely NO COST to you. You can download the CEVO client HERE for FREE. Once downloaded, you may play PUGs for FREE. You can also enjoy 3 scrims per week as well as signing up to cevo-free which is a FREE division we offer for those who wish to play in our league with a team.

League FAQ’s

Does the ping imbalance rule apply to teams outside North America?
CEVO is a NORTH AMERICAN league.
The majority of the teams are from North America.
We use the different US time zones for matches (9:00 PM [EST/CST/PST]), which means that it is very difficult to attend these matches if you live in Europe as they are around 2-3:00 AM..
As for the servers, they are DEFAULT North American servers and this will NOT change.
We hope to have a European division by the start of the next season..
If you wish to be removed from the Season, please open a ticket at
www.cevo.com/support

Can I have the GOTV IP to watch my friend play?
As of right now, we do not provide the GOTV IP to any teams. We hope to allow users to connect to GOTV in the future.

If our team receives a Forfeit Loss (FFL), can we be rescheduled?
NO! The team that receives a FFL, cannot be rescheduled against another to and/or replay the match.

How do Forfeit Wins (FFW) work?
We would just like to mention that we do not allow FFW's anymore.
If you receive a FFW, you will simply end up getting re-scheduled against another team who did not play the match for that week either.
This being said, we recommend you guys figure something out a way to play this match, because it's not like a team can "Farm for free wins". You will have to replay this match nonetheless if you are the team with the FFW.
If BOTH teams agree to play this game past the Deadline (through these match communications), I will allow an extension to the chosen date/time of the match.
If the deadline has passed without a match being played, the team that actually tried communicating on the match page and proposing multiple match times will get the FFW.

Does our team have to play it's match at the default time?
If both teams do not agree on a different time/date the match is played on DEFAULT time.
You must show up to the default time and check-in as per usual.
If they are still not there after 15 minutes, you may request a Forfeit win (FFW).
If the match does NOT have a default time, both teams must communicate through the match page to figure out a date/time prior to the deadline.
After the deadline, a FFW will be given to the team who was active in the match communications (If the other team never tried proposing / accepting any times)

My team is @ready but does NOT have a match scheduled?
Your team has only just signed it's 5th player to gain the @READY status.
Unfortunately, you have already missed the most recent wave of matches that we sent out.
You and your team will be eligible to receive a match for the following week.
All you have to do is sit tight and wait until you get a countdown at the top of your screen while logged into the website.

Adam Spangler / Retired (March 2011 - April 2017)

Posted Friday, March 20th, 2015 1:21 AM GMT
Thanks spangler for the heads up keep up the amazing work Tier Increments: Tier 1 - 30 minute cooldown Tier 2 - 2 hour cooldown Tier 3 - 24 hour cooldown Tier 4 - 3 day cooldown Tier 5 - 7 day cooldown #StoryOfMyLifeLoL
Thanks spangler for the heads up keep up the amazing work

Tier Increments:
Tier 1 - 30 minute cooldown
Tier 2 - 2 hour cooldown
Tier 3 - 24 hour cooldown
Tier 4 - 3 day cooldown
Tier 5 - 7 day cooldown

#StoryOfMyLifeLoL
Posted Friday, March 20th, 2015 1:57 AM GMT
btw that guy^ i just played a pug with, he trolled for the whole thing i ask the pug mod to kick him the pug mod does nothing. so i was forced to just sit there and be afk cuz i didnt want to play a pug where im the only one giving effort on my team if you want to review the demo go ahead and see, then they kick me for being afk its fucking stupid, srry for the language but its dumb to think that if i want to play a pug where my team is trying and not trolling i cant play cevo, and if i dont get mvp i cant be a mod :|. I would take a team of silvers over a team of 3 trolls
btw that guy^ i just played a pug with, he trolled for the whole thing i ask the pug mod to kick him the pug mod does nothing. so i was forced to just sit there and be afk cuz i didnt want to play a pug where im the only one giving effort on my team if you want to review the demo go ahead and see, then they kick me for being afk its fucking stupid, srry for the language but its dumb to think that if i want to play a pug where my team is trying and not trolling i cant play cevo, and if i dont get mvp i cant be a mod :|. I would take a team of silvers over a team of 3 trolls

Posted Wednesday, March 25th, 2015 3:12 PM GMT
How do I remove a player from my teams roster?
How do I remove a player from my teams roster?

Natus Vincere

Posted Wednesday, April 15th, 2015 2:49 AM GMT
https://www.reddit.com/3ejl34/

Posted Saturday, July 25th, 2015 10:24 AM GMT
sdh fgh x
sdh fgh x

ghuri

Posted Sunday, September 6th, 2015 4:25 AM GMT
Thank you, this really helped.
Thank you, this really helped.

Stephen Hawking has written a new book:Around the House in Eighty Days.

Posted Sunday, September 6th, 2015 2:47 PM GMT
https://www.reddit.com/3nmqqn/

Posted Monday, October 5th, 2015 10:54 PM GMT
Is there an easy way to tell if u are on cooldown and how long?
Is there an easy way to tell if u are on cooldown and how long?

Posted Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015 5:17 AM GMT
so if im in a pug, and say i have to go, if i leave do i recieve a cooldown like official mm? or is it different. please answer
so if im in a pug, and say i have to go, if i leave do i recieve a cooldown like official mm? or is it different. please answer

Posted Wednesday, January 27th, 2016 11:39 PM GMT
cool
cool

Posted Tuesday, August 8th, 2017 12:40 AM GMT