CEVO LLC ("CEVO", "us" or "we") respects the privacy of the visitors to our website, the home page of which is located at http://www.cevo.com ("Site").
"Personal Information" is information about you that is personally identifiable to you such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, nick-name or handle, and any other information that could allow someone to identify you or contact you. Personally identifiable information also includes information about your transactions or relationship with us if you have been a customer or you have provided this type of information to any of the CEVO family of companies. If you participate in any of our events, in addition to your name and contact information, Personal Information also includes your billing address, shipping address, event registration information, your Pay Pal information and your CEVO registration number.
"Anonymous Information" means information about you that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Information does not permit the identification of individual persons.
Please note that your Personal Information may be processed by us in the country where it was collected as well as other countries (including the United States) where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Keeping the information you share with us on the Site secure and ensuring your understanding of how we collect, use and maintain your information is important to us. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information, and while no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we have used and will continue to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your information. It is always possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access your transmissions or private communications. Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your registration profile or account, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. We continually assess new technology for protecting information and, when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.
Personal Information You Provide to Us
When you register with us, you provide us with Personal Information, such as your name, your email address, your telephone number, and any other personal or preference information that you provide to us. When you register with us, you may set up your personal profile and account, form relationships, send messages, perform searches and queries, form groups, and transmit information through various channels. In addition, during the registration process we will also ask you to select (or we may provide) a user ID and password (we will allow you to change your password, as well as any personally identifiable information you have given us in order to keep this information current). Among other things, this information helps us securely identify you as a registered or permitted user of those features and functions. We collect this information so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features.
The Personal Information we gather from you helps us learn about our members and potential members of our community and the users of the Site. The types of Personal Information we collect are:
- When you visit the Site and input information, whether you are registering to use the Site, enrolling or signing up for features and functions, participating in promotions, registering to participate in an event, or in the course of any other exchanges of information, transactions and activities, we will collect all such information.
- When you personalize your profile, we will collect any information you provide, such as your name or address.
- When you enter any information, including Personal Information, into any postings or comments within the Site, we will collect such information and this information might be available for some, a subgroup of, or even all Site Users, depending on how and where this information was posted by you (see Use of Information below).
- When you use the functionality of the Site to import data, such as screen shots, and profile information, we will collect the information that you import and/or upload.
- When you contact us by sending us an e-mail, we will collect your e-mail address and any information contained in the e-mail you send us.
- When you post notes for other users, we will collect the content of such notes.
- When you download and use the Software, we collect information about your hardware address of the network adapter of your computer and information that is necessary to access your router.
- When you download and use the Software, we will collect information about your geographical location. We may connect such geographical information with Personal Information we have collected from you.
- The profile and account that you create when registering with the Site contains Personal Information such as your username, e-mail address and password. Only your first and last name, along with your game handle, and uniqueID will be visible to other registered users. All the information in your registration that you select to be publicly displayed will be public information and any Site user will be able to see it, including any Personal Information that is stored in your profile that you decide to select as public information.
- You can access and modify your profile and account at any time.
Personal Information Collected Via Technology
As you navigate our Website or use the Site, certain information may also be collected passively, including your Internet protocol address, browser type, and operating system. When you enter the Site, we collect your browser type and IP address. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using "cookies." A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. These cookies terminate once the user closes the browser. By default, we use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID (but not your password) to make it easier for you to login when you come back to the Site. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you want to disable this convenience feature. If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the Site may not work properly.
BY REGISTERING WITH CEVO, YOU AGREE TO DOWNLOAD AND RUN THE SOFTWARE AND ALLOW IT TO SCAN YOUR COMPUTER'S GAMING ENVIRONMENT FOR THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS AND FILES. YOU ALSO AGREE TO ALLOW ALL THE DATA THAT THE SOFTWARE CAPTURES TO BE SENT TO OUR CONTENT SERVERS. AT NO TIME WILL ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION CAPTURED BE SHARED WITH THE PUBLIC, AFFILIATES, SPONSORS, OR THIRD PARTIES. THE SOFTWARE DOES NOT DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL SPYWARE TO YOUR COMPUTER AND WILL NOT INTERFERE WITH YOUR HARDDRIVE OR ANY FILES CONTAINED ON YOUR COMPUTER. When you use the Software, we collect information about the computer on which the Software is executed, including without limitation, the hardware address of its network adapter.
Although we may track the numbers of visitors to inform us on how best to update the Site and enhance the experience for all visitors, personally identifiable information is not extracted in this process. We use tracking information on an aggregated basis to help us operate the site, enhance and improve our service, improve the look of the site and display advertising and marketing information.
An "Internet protocol address" or "IP Address" is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. In some cases your IP Address stays the same from browser session to browser session; but if you use a consumer internet access provider, your IP Address probably varies from session to session. We track IP Addresses solely in conjunction with session cookies to analyze our web page flow.
Personal Information We Receive From Other Sources
We may receive Personal Information about you from other sources like telephone or fax, or from third parties that provide services for us in connection with the Site. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site or through the Software in order to improve the our community and the Site.
Use of Information
In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used by us either to sign you up for our community, notify you of events, respond to requests that you make, to improve our community and Site and to better tailor the features, performance and support of the Site, and to offer you additional information, opportunities, and functionality. We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with electronic newsletters or promotional e-mails, should you request to receive such communications from us. We do not sell or market your Personal Information to unaffiliated organizations.
Please be aware that if you enter any Personal Information into publicly available sections of the Site, this information will be displayed to anyone who has access to these sections. These publicly available sections of the Site include, without limitation, posts and comments of other registered users.
Users are also able to search for publicly available information that was posted by a registered user in a public section of the Site, or for information in a user profile.
We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this Anonymous Information to analyze usage patterns so that we may enhance our community and Site.
We will exchange information about you to PayPal to carry out PayPal transactions necessary for your event registration fees, to prevent fraud and any other activities we may be required to monitor and report under applicable laws and regulations. In such instances, we will make every effort to keep your personally identifiable information complete, up to date, and accurate based on the information you provide us.
We may provide your information to service providers to help us bring you the services we offer. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our business, such as to host the service at a co-location facility for servers, to send out email updates about the Site, to remove repetitive information from our user lists, to process payments for products or services, to offer an online job application process, or to provide search results or links (including sponsored links). In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your Personal Information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any Personal Information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the Site-specified purposes.
Finally, if you are an event registered member, we will use your Personal Information to communicate with you as follows:
- To register your account
- To register you for an event
- To mediate a dispute regarding the event
- When a team has won/lost/terminated from an event
- When receiving opt-in offers (newsletters, etc.)
We may use your Personal Information to communicate with you as and when we, at our sole discretion, feel that communications are necessary.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- When we have retained companies to work with or on behalf of CEVO to provide events, goods or services that you have requested.
- When you use co-branded services - in which case you are giving us permission to disclose your Personal Information in the context of our co-branding and marketing relationship, back to our co-branding partner. Their use of your information is subject to their own privacy policies. We may provide services jointly with other companies on the Site. You can tell when another company is involved in a service provided on the Site, and we may share customer information with that company in connection with your use of that service.
- When we are compelled to do so by a governmental agency, court or other entity (e.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process).
- If we believe your actions violate any law, regulation, the Terms or any of our guidelines for promotions, events or any other features or functions of the Site, or if you threaten the rights, property or safety of CEVO, its suppliers, advertisers, other customers or users, or any other party.
We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us; or (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of us, Site users, or third parties.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail your receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below). If you wish to remove your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com and your Personal Information will be removed from the database.
You may change any of your Personal Information in your profile or account at any time.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register on the Site or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We recommend that minors over the age of 13 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
We use reasonable measures to maintain the security of your Personal Information. However, no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
P.O. Box 1844
Sykesville, MD 21784
This Policy was last updated in December 2009.