{{site.countdown.title}} Registration Now Open!
Registration
Closes In

{{days}}

DAYS

{{hours}}

HRS

{{minutes}}

MINS

{{seconds}}

SECS

Forums

CEVO Being Scanned...

So, I wanted to play some CEVO and take a break of VALVE's MM. I downloaded the client and installed it, but a warning popped up with my current anti-virus, McAfee, (Automatically installed Factory New) and said that a "trojan" called "Artemis!" I was trying to research but I didn't really find anything, so it won't hurt to ask? This never happened before, (Maybe because I always uninstall McAfee and trade it in with a better Anti-Virus), Thank you very much! :D
So, I wanted to play some CEVO and take a break of VALVE's MM. I downloaded the client and installed it, but a warning popped up with my current anti-virus, McAfee, (Automatically installed Factory New) and said that a "trojan" called "Artemis!" I was trying to research but I didn't really find anything, so it won't hurt to ask?

This never happened before, (Maybe because I always uninstall McAfee and trade it in with a better Anti-Virus), Thank you very much! :D

CS:GO Enthusiast | Gamer | Child

Posted Thursday, May 18th, 2017 3:05 AM GMT
[quote="ty170"]So, I wanted to play some CEVO and take a break of VALVE's MM. I downloaded the client and installed it, but a warning popped up with my current anti-virus, McAfee, (Automatically installed Factory New) and said that a "trojan" called "Artemis!" I was trying to research but I didn't really find anything, so it won't hurt to ask? This never happened before, (Maybe because I always uninstall McAfee and trade it in with a better Anti-Virus), Thank you very much! :D[/quote] Sorry I was typing without thinking, "and said that a "trojan" called "Artemis!" [Was in the CEVO installation.]
ty170 said:So, I wanted to play some CEVO and take a break of VALVE's MM. I downloaded the client and installed it, but a warning popped up with my current anti-virus, McAfee, (Automatically installed Factory New) and said that a "trojan" called "Artemis!" I was trying to research but I didn't really find anything, so it won't hurt to ask?

This never happened before, (Maybe because I always uninstall McAfee and trade it in with a better Anti-Virus), Thank you very much! :D

Sorry I was typing without thinking, "and said that a "trojan" called "Artemis!" [Was in the CEVO installation.]

Posted Thursday, May 18th, 2017 3:07 AM GMT
This is a false positive so long as you got the client installation from our website, cevo.com. Sometimes antivirus software has issues with our anti-cheat technology. We've notified a majority of the antivirus software companies in regards to our client being incorrectly flagged. Thank you for the report ty170 & welcome to CEVO!
This is a false positive so long as you got the client installation from our website, cevo.com. Sometimes antivirus software has issues with our anti-cheat technology. We've notified a majority of the antivirus software companies in regards to our client being incorrectly flagged.

Thank you for the report ty170 & welcome to CEVO!

CEVO|Burns - NA Operations - mburns@cevo.com

Posted Thursday, May 18th, 2017 9:27 PM GMT
Alright thanks Burns, I did also download through this website, and I want to start PUGing again :D thanks!
Alright thanks Burns, I did also download through this website, and I want to start PUGing again :D thanks!

Posted Saturday, May 20th, 2017 4:11 AM GMT